Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday August 26

What a time to get kicked off the air! But there's a silver lining to every cloud.

I was able to stay awake last night to watch Michelle Obama's speech, and the wonderful moment that followed when her adorable daughters joined her on the stage for the video hook-up with "Daddy" in Kansas City, watching the convention with the Gerardo Family. Seven-year-old Sasha's taking over the microphone for a spontaneous "Hello Gerardo family" was just about as precious as it gets.

If you didn't get to see Michelle's beautifully written and flawlessly delivered speech, and the sweet, real family moments that followed, you can watch it here now:



In a week that's had me overwhelmed with emotion, thanks to the wonderful calls and emails I've been getting, last night was one of those amazing moments. To paraphrase a Michelle Obama comment that had the cons going for her jugular, for the first time in many, many years, I was proud of the "first family" that could be!

I just finished today's podcast, which you can hear by clicking here, or subscribing to the podcast using iTunes. I've heard from a few people who want to help me take this to the next level, as they say, so with some luck and hard work, this will morph into something more than a daily commentary in the not too distant future.

I didn't get into my thoughts about Ted Kennedy's appearance last night, but it was one of those magical, historic moments.



I don't know that I really need to add any more to his speech... it speaks for itself.

Today is primary day in South Florida. Somehow, I never made it to the polls for early voting, and I forgot to send in my request for an absentee ballot. So, I'm off to vote right now. Please do the same. As I say all the time, every voice counts!

Now for the commercial... Please visit www.NicoleSandler.com for info about voiceover services, and www.LegacyVideoProductions.com to preserve, protect and pass down your family photos, home movies and stories!

Radio Or Not Podcast - Tuesday August 26, 2008

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle Obama was given the task of making the most important speech of her life, and she hit one out of the park. And watching with their girls afterward, the first thought that came to me was "Kennedy family." I was only 9 when President Kennedy was killed, but even as a child I got a warm feeling every time I saw them together. That's only a small part of what Barack Obama has tapped into.
Last night was the "get to know the Obamas" night, but I hope they start to go after McCain tonight. As much as I deplore it, that's what the Rep convention will be like, and this year there'll be no time for a post-convention bump. We need to start getting tough!

Jay Allbritton said...

Stupid choice to take you off. Hopefully this works out best for you. You're very good.