Thursday, December 18, 2008

What the hell is Barack Obama thinking?


I understand wanting to be the bigger man.  I've admired President-elect Obama for being able to put personal differences aside and show that he's not vindictive or out to get those who may have gone against him politically in the past.  But this is ridiculous.

It's the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  Naming Pastor Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church to deliver the invocation at the inauguration is an outright insult to those of us who've been insulted, demeaned, and discriminated against by this so-called man of faith.

To me, Rick Warren, James Dobson, Jerry Falwell and the others of that ilk are nothing more than power-hungry, money-grubbing fast talkers who prey on weaker souls and line their own pockets with the money taken from their God-fearing followers.

As one who does not believe in a "supreme being" but chooses to believe in the power of the universe and karma, I think there's a special place in hell for those I've named.  Barack Obama thinks Warren warrents the spotlight at his inaguration?

I think he's gone overboard on the inclusiveness here.

I was a guest commentator on a right-wing radio station in Ft. Lauderdale for two weeks leading up to election day.  Yes, I was the token liberal, because management thought they could take advantage of attitudes changing a bit.  As we discussed Amendment 2 here in Florida (our equivalent of California's Prop 8), a caller shocked me when she said she thought we were getting "too tolerant".  

I just about exploded!  How can we be TOO tolerant?  I guess I got my answer today.

Barack Obama is being too tolerant of hate mongers, of those who've worked for the last 8 years to keep good people down, to promote discrimination and intolerance.

I've been supportive of Obama as he chose people for his cabinet that may not have been as progressive as I'd like.  But this is an abomination.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Careful Nicole you might get sent to the cornfield playing a song like that. Really though these are sad days when double entendres are forbidden on the radio. Maybe in the next four years we can get some of our freedoms back. Great song, next stop i-tunes to download.

Have a great Holiday everyone,

The Grinch