Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Health Care Reform Again Tonight...

I'm not going to let it die without a fight!

In our first hour tonight on Air America, I'll be joined by John Nichols of The Nation, who yesterday wrote a scathing piece on where we are on the road to getting health care reform, entitled "Hope for Health Reform? Push Single Payer Now".

It's a must read. In that piece, Nichols says, more eloquently and concisely, what I've been saying for the past few weeks. We'll talk about it in the first hour of tonight's show, beginning shortly after 11pm ET.

In the second hour, I'll be joined by Stan Brock, founder and president of RAM- Remote Area Medical. Brock founded RAM to bring medical services to remote areas of the world, as the name would suggest, where people don't have access to care. These days, 64% of his work is done here in the US, where people can't get the health care they need.

I first learned of RAM through this 60 Minutes piece:



I ran across RAM again a couple of weeks ago when, in an interview with Bill Moyers, former CIGNA executive Wendell Potter cited their "health fair" in VA last year with opening his eyes to what the health insurance companies were doing to the American people.

I reached out to Stan Brock, who immediately responded. He'll join me tonight in our second hour.

I hope you'll join us too... Click here to listen live, call in at 866-303-2270, and participate in our live chat during the show by clicking here.

0 comments: