Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Wish I Had Three Hours Tonight!

My program on Air America radio runs from 11pm-1am ET. Two hours goes by very quickly, especially on a night like tonight!

I just finished watching President Obama's press conference on health care. At WhiteHouse.gov, you were able to watch the video, along with a facebook feed of comments. I'm amazed at all the dittoheads out there who have zero compassion for their fellow human beings, and those who are just incredibly un-informed about what health care reform would do for millions of Americans.

Health care should be a basic human right, not a profit center for insurance companies! Every other first world country has universal health care. There is something seriously wrong in America right now, and those who would deny others this basic human right are the ones with the big problems.

So, I watched the press conference, recorded it and chopped it up to be able to share clips on my show tonight. But I have a couple of other interviews too!

In the second hour tonight, I'll be joined live by Jeff Sharlet, author of "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power." He has a piece on Salon.com right now that is a must-read: "Sex and Power inside 'The C Street House.'" He's been to C Street, and will be with us tonight to talk about it. And yes, we will take your calls at 866-303-2270.

Earlier today, I recorded an interview with Retired US Navy Commander Kirk S. Lippold, who was the commander on board the USS Cole when it was attacked by Al Qaeda. He was offered as a guest by a group called Military Families United, where he is the Senior Military Fellow, to talk about the Obama administration's announcement Monday that they were delaying the release of the findings of the Guantanamo Review Task Force for six months, which would put the release right around the time the administration still says they will close the prison there. We debated a number of issues, and I thought this interview was important enough to air this evening.

So, I'll run it in the first hour tonight and, I'm sure will be able to fit in some commentary on the health care crisis and President Obama's press conference tonight.

Listen live by clicking here, and join me here in the chat room. I'll be dropping in and out of the chat room! Feel free to join us there... Just register and log in. It's free, and there's a great group of people in there to listen with!

0 comments: