Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taking Guns Across State Lines and More on Healthcare

Back to the debate over health care reform after this important message.

Tomorrow, at 12noon ET, the Senate will vote on an amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill (S. 1390), authored by Sen. John Thune (R-SD), which would give anyone with a concealed weapons permit in their home state to carry a concealed weapon in every other state that offers concealed weapons permits (all except Illinois and Wisconsin)!

I'll talk about this tonight in our second hour with Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence. Again, the vote is happening tomorrow at noon, so get informed on the issue, and make sure your Senators hear how you feel about it. They're preparing for a very, very close vote!

Tonight on my Air America radio program (streaming live here from 11pm-1am ET/8-10pm PT), I'll share an interview I did with House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) early this morning on the health care issue.

I'll also share some audio from a conference call that President Obama held yesterday with bloggers. They asked great questions, and he gave some surprising answers as well.

I'll have lots of great audio, and some more health care facts that you might not have previously heard. And we'll get to laugh at the inane talking points of RNC boss Michael Steele.

I hope you'll call in with your thoughts on health care reform too. 866-303-2270. You can also join in the chat... Thom Hartmann has graciously offered us the use of his chat room during my Air America program. Just click here. If you haven't already done so, register for free, and chat away...

One last thing... I got a wonderful email this weekend from a soldier stationed in Iraq, who told me they're listening to us online in theater. If you want to click here to send Herb Jones an email, I know he'd be thrilled to hear from you.

0 comments: