Thursday, July 09, 2009

Talk About That Right Wing Hypocrisy...

Sing along, if you know the words! Chances are, you're thinking "I know those words...". Well, if you were an Air America listener from the start, you might remember the newest US Senator, Al Franken, used to host a show, and he'd sing theme songs for some of his regular guests.

The words in the headline were taken from his song for Christy Harvey of the Center for American Progress. Well, Christy is still with the CAP, but in a slightly different role. She's now living in Alaska, and edits MicCheckRadio.org, a sort of cheat-sheet for people like me! She'll join me tonight on my show on Air America in the first hour (11pm ET/8pm PT) to talk about the news of the day. And no, I will not be singing. You can thank me later.

In the second hour tonight, I'll be joined by an old neighbor of mine from Los Angeles. When I met Janet Ritz, she was a singer/songwriter. I'm sure she still does that in her spare time, but her day job is Managing Editor of The Environmentalist, and Huffington Post Environmental Writer. You can probably guess what we'll be talking about!

0 comments: